Friday, March 12, 2010

JONATHAN'S JOY - JEHOVAH

JONATHAN’S JOY – JEHOVAH

Composed at 3:30 a.m. on March 12, 2010

by Craig Tavani

Upon hearing news concerning Nicholas, my beloved nephew

(to be said and sung and played [4/4 time, B flat minor] together as a family)

Jonathan became one in Spirit with David …

… And Jonathon … arose …

… and encouraged him in God.

(1 Samuel 18:1; 22:15)

(cf. Exodus 1526; Nehemiah 8:10; Psalm 147:3)

When Jonathan arose, he encouraged him in God.

Becoming one in Spirit, they could come and go in peace.

Jonathan remembered the Word God spoke to Moses,

Who cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a Tree,

And he threw it in the waters and the waters became sweet.

I am the LORD, I am the LORD, I am the LORD who heals you.

I am the LORD, I am the LORD, I am the LORD who heals you.

Be still, this day is holy! You need not grieve nor weep;

Come to an understanding of the Word made known to you.

He heals the broken-hearted and He binds all of their wounds;

The LORD supports afflicted ones, abundant in His strength.

I am the LORD, I am the LORD, I am the LORD who heals you.

I am the LORD, I am the LORD, I am the LORD who heals you.


A Tavani family reading

of

Psalm 147

Jonathan runs on, with Nicholas, violin in hand, then following; they interact. Nicholas begins to play, and soon is joined by his other brothers who play along. The whole Tavani family comes together while the music continues to play.

(The piece of music to be played can be composed by Lexi.)

CRAIG: PRAISE THE LORD!

SIERRA: For it is good to sing praise to our God;

COCO: For it is pleasant and praise is becoming

STEPHEN: The LORD builds up community,

And gathers those cast down in struggling;

LINDA: He heals the broken-hearted

And binds up all their wounds.

NICK: He counts the number of stars!

He gives names to all of them.

Great is our LORD and abundant in strength!

The LORD supports the afflicted;

He brings the wicked to the ground.

DONNA: Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;

Sing praises to the LORD on every instrument.

VINCENT: Who covers the heaven with clouds?

ALL: OUR GOD!

VINCENT: Who provides rain for the earth?

ALL: OUR GOD!

VINCENT: Who makes grass grow on the mountains?

ALL: OUR GOD!

SONIA: He gives to the beast its food,

And to the younger ones which cry.

MARCUS: He does not delight in some creature’s strength;

He takes no pleasure in the legs of any man.

TINE: The LORD favors those who fear Him,

Those who wait in hope for His loving-kindness.

ALL: PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments: