Monday, March 29, 2010

A TIME TO PLAY

A POEM FOR THE ONE WITH WHOM I NOW PLAY

(written September 4, 1984)

For many months we played together

and laughed alot

and when the night finally brought me to you

we held each other close

and joined imaginations until morning

We toured the world

that we would find in books

and shared the words

that seemed to say it best

We called each other friend

and tried on every definition

just to see if any fit

yet none could say it better

than the expressions of your smile

or the bright horizons in your eyes

or the singing breeze

that whispers in your voice

And now I say I love you

and now you let me say it

as you remember how we played together

and never broke the rules

I live now just to hear your voice

to feel your touch when I come home

I live now just to call

wherever you are

home.

No comments: